Saturday, October 11, 2008


I only got to visit Mama 2 times this week. She was good! She only had a few little scratches on her face from the fall. She does not remember it at all, which is good. They told me this week that she took a baby doll from one of the patients that carries one around all the time. I don't know if she was just curious if it was real or what. I would get her a babydoll but I don't think that would solve the problem. Thursday when I went, she had just come from the beauty shop. They had fixed her hair. All the staff, when passing her, coments on how pretty she looks and it really makes her smile. She didn't talk much that day, so we just held hands.
On Monday when I went I asked her if she had a roommate yet and she told me "no, and I hadn't wanted one either." I went into her room later and there was a roommate asleep in the bed. So if mama doesn't realize that she has a roommate, I'm not telling her. So far, I'm really impressed with the Nursing Home. I didn't tell her about missing the Attaway Reunion. I knew it would make her sad. Mom's new address is Crosbyton Nursing & Rehab Center, 222 N. Farmer, Crosbyton, TX 79322.

No comments: