Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Breast Cancer


Since this is breast cancer awareness month I thought I would post a picture of me about a year ago when my hair was beginning to grow back from my battle with breast cancer. It has been 2 years since they found and removed the cancer and the process of prevention for the future began. First with 6 Chemo treatments every third week. When that was finally over I went 6 1/2 weeks of radiation to Lubbock. It was all finished on July 11, 2007. My hair began coming in that very week. I still am not as strong physically as I was when that all began, but spiritually I am so much stronger. God showed me so much about myself and HIM through my weakness.
2 Corinthians 4: 16-18 "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." I praise God for what He brought me through and is continually molding me into the person He wants me to be. Today, 1 year past the bad ill effects of Chemo and radiaion, I am thankful for the cancer.
It has drawn me closer to God and given me a new perspective on how big God is. I would not change one single thing in the past 2 years. Thank you God!

No comments: