Friday, October 24, 2008

Frances Day update

I went to see mama today and she was asleep as usual. Her first comment when I woke her was that I sure came early. I told her it was 3 in the afternoon. Last week she was toting her purse everywhere she went because she had found it in her things and decided she needed to be carring it with her. After a few days I took it and hid it in her room. She said, "You left here with my purse, and you didn't bring it back. Where is it?" All I said was that it was in her room. It had her wallet in it and very little else. The wallet only had pictures in it. She has forgotten about it now.
Last week Uncle Warren & Aunt Juanita sent mama a card and letter. In the card was an article from the Baptist Standard that had a picture of Uncle Warren and 2 other men. He had been a deacon in that church for over 50 years. I asked mama if she knew who that man was and she told me no. I told her who it was and she commented that if that was Warren, he looked old. The card and letter were very sweet and it let her know that they hadn't forgotten her, even if she only remembers it for a little while. She is so very sweet but, sometimes like today, she had to comment on a lady in a wheelchair that had large(she called them fat)legs and how she couldn't keep her dress pulled down. It's almost like she's the child and I'm the mother. She does make me laugh though.

No comments: